Pumpkins aren't just for Halloween and for carving jack-o-lanterns!
While pumpkin carving is festive and pretty much a holiday tradition, pumpkins offer up more than 1 good reason to go pumpkin picking this weekend.
Check it out:
1. They are actually a berry. Shocked? Me too!
2. They have been said to improve athletic performance by decreasing fatigue. Plus they make a killer medicine ball!
3. You can juice them. Try juicing it with carrots, apple and ginger or blending it with coconut water and pumpkin pie spice.
4. They are figure friendly. 1 Cup has only 100 calories and 7 grams of fiber which means it will fill you up.
5. Their canned variety is not inferior to the fresh unlike most other vegetables. Great news, because let's face it, sometimes you don't have time to carve a pumpkin.
6. Their seeds could make us happier. Their low fat & protein-rich center are loaded with tryptophan which gets converted to seratonin the "happy hormone". Once it gets converted from seratonin to melatonin, it will also help you sleep faster and deeper. Who's not happier when they get enough shuteye?
HAPPY WEEKEND go grab you a pumpkin!