Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
2. It has the power to kill many types of bacteria. This is a good thing, especially after consuming large quantities of foods which leave large amounts of bacteria in the gut. It's always good to spring clean inside of the belly. ACV has been used for cleaning & disinfecting, treating nail fungus, life, warts & ear infections. It is also known as a natural preservative. Studies show that it inhibits bacteria like E. coli from growing in food and spoiling.
4. Perhaps the best reason is that apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight be helping to burn fat that’s stored. It even targets the fat in your midsection, which is a trouble spot for many of us. It’s also been noted for being able to make you feel full for longer periods of time, helping you make it to your next meal and avoid eating when you’re not truly hungry. The iron content in ACV helps get your metabolism going, so if you’ve noticed you run an iron deficiency, or that you have a sluggish metabolism, you may want to give it a try and see it it helps turn things around.
FACT: A study in obese people showed that daily vinegar consumption led to reduced belly fat, waist circumference, lower blood triglycerides and weight loss.
In a 12 Week Study:
1 Tbsp lost 2.6LBS
2 Tbsp lost 3.7 LBS
*If you eat with high carb meals, it will truly make you feel full enough to reduce food intake between 200-275 calories for the rest of the day. The body is an amazing thing!
**The bottom line is you will want to eat less so you will have to break down less food. If you do this, plus exercise, you can truly maximize your weight loss.
Although these long term studies were done on rats, our own studies show similar effects of ingesting ACV. So truly what's left to do is to get these studies confirmed on humans in a lab. This way we can truly confirm these as facts. So the official thumbs up can be passed to through the food administration and we can officially make these claims by medical board standards. Hmmmmm.
Thanks for taking the time out to better your knowledge here in FOOD & MOVES.
Here's a toast with a tablespoon of sour wine.
YOUR DETOX DRINK RECIPE:
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- Warm the water.
- mix all ingredients together.
- Best served warm but drink at desired temperature.