It's ok if you did not get everything accomplished in 2016!
You can feel good & energized about having a brand new start as we roll into the New Year.
BUT (you knew there was a "But" coming didn't you?) this does not give you license to hang on a wish and a prayer and do the same things expecting different results. As adults, we should know by now this is the definition of insanity rather than success.
Ok, so now what?
Remember, the mantra here at Fitness Life:
"If you want change, you must change things".
Here are some suggestions to make 2017 your year of production, success & happiness:
My suggestion is to start a hobby that you love and build upon it as a business. With today's amazing platforms in social media and the right people surrounding you to assist your growth & learning curve, there is no better time to become the entrepreneur or even a solopreneur with an awesome side hustle that will turn your dreams into reality and allow you to take control of your own destiny.
I am the first to admit that doing something new or out of your comfort zone can be scary or intimidating but remember this:
Fear should be a motivator, not a paralyzer.
If your concern is a personal relationship, first you must understand why you are in the current situation. Ask yourself if you are in the best mental and physical shape that you can be in to offer positvity & balance to another person. If so, then you are ready to partner up. If not, then you have some reconstruction to do on you first:
10 Readiness Questions To Ask Yourself If You Are Ready To Commit To A Long Term & Healthy Relationship:
- Have you resolved your major relationship dilemmas from the past?
- Do you know your emotional triggers and how to calm your reactivity?
- Do you have the ability to present who you are and want to become clearly and honestly?
- Are you ready to give up the freedom of continuing to experience other relationships?
- Are you able to accept your own limitations and share them openly?
- Do you think you can stay the course even if there are unexpected challenges?
- Do you understand that love and commitment need constant reinvestment of time, energy, and love?
- Can you view a committed relationship as an ever-transforming entity?
- Are you ready to be a permanent team, sharing and blending resources?
- Do you still believe that great long-term relationships are possible?
What do you want in your personal life?
How do you want your financial situation to look?
How about your spiritual life?
How do you want your career to change?
What changes do you want or need to make happen when it comes to your health & wellness?
Take the time to write each one down. They key is to make sure that each goal is a SMART goal:
1. If you want to set a fitness goal for yourself, instead of broadly stating "I want to lose weight", you would set a SMART goal that sounds a little more like this:
"I want to lose 15 pounds in three months. I will accomplish this by cutting out fast food, exercising a minimum of 3 times a week, drinking 1 liter of water every day and getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night".
2. If you are in Sales, instead of saying "I want to increase my sales 50%", a SMART goal would be something like this:
"To meet the sales objective of booking $1,000 in yearly orders, two additional salespeople will be hired to grow sales of red widgets by 10 percent in the first quarter, 15 percent in the second quarter, five percent in the third quarter and 20 percent in the fourth quarter".
Do you see how a SMART goal is much different than jotting down a "want" list? It is actually the initial & essential component of having an action plan.
At the risk of me sounding like a broken record, remember, if you don't have a plan, you can plan to fail. Hmmmmm.
YOUR CIRCLE OF FRIENDS:
- You like, respect and trust, and who likes, respect and trust you
- Accepts and likes you as you are, even as you grow and change
- Listens to you and shares with you, both the good and the bad
- You can tell anything to and know they will not betray your confidence
- Lets you express your feelings and emotions, and does not judge, tease or criticize
- Gives you good advice when you ask for it, assists you in taking action that will help you feel better, and works with you to figure out what to do next when you are having a hard time.
- Lets you help them when they need it
- You want to be with, (but you aren’t obsessed about being with them)
- Doesn’t ever take advantage of you
You will find that some friends meet some needs and others meet other needs. Don’t expect one friend to meet all of your needs for friendship and support. Appreciate your friends for the things you like about them and don’t try to change them to better meet your needs. All of this being said, it is important to note that it may be necessary and in your best interest to allow some friendships to dissolve if they are not serving you well or supporting the goals you have set for yourself. You know the old saying, "Friends come into your life for a reason, season or lifetime"? Well, there is a lot of truth to that.
YOUR HEALTH & WELLNESS:
*Reflect back to paragraph one of this article when we discussed the definition of insanity. Uh, huh, thought so.
I always say this to people so they can get the full perspective:
"You don't go into a doctor's office and draw your own blood, take your own X-Rays or do surgery on yourself".
So why would you try to simply join a gym without professional assistance of some sort? All you are doing is giving a donation and not setting yourself up for success. STOP THAT!
Get into an organized and supportive setting. Just like surgery is a process, so is weight loss and fitness.
FOOD & MOVES: Is your FIT
With a subscription to FOOD & MOVES, you become part of a powerful team and movement of like minded people. Led by yours truly, I have taken great care to ensure you have everything in place to make your fitness & wellness goals a reality:
THE EXERCISE PROGRAMS
THE ACCOUNTABILITY, SUPPORT & MOTIVATION
DAILY ORGANIZATION & STRUCTURE
I don't want you to continue chasing a dream or continuing on a steady pace towards Diabetes, Heart Disease or some other chronic illness or injury. It's time to start writing your story and accomplishing your life's goals.
My advice is to allow professionals to do what they do. Your only job is to execute the plan then watch in amazement as you move forward one step closer to your goals when you follow the process.
This my friends, is how you enter the New Year in a successful manner.
This article was meant to shed light on one thing and one thing only:
Following the right script which I have laid out here for you front & center and then rinse and repeat it going into New Year .
So as we close things out, let's bring it back around full circle.
If you desire positive & real change in 2017, you MUST CHANGE THINGS.
I challenge you to make 2017 the year YOU BET ON YOU and watch the beauty & positivity unfold.
Yes, this is probable. In fact, this is possible. It's all up to you.
You have my word that we will be with you every single day.
Happy New Year,
Eric Bradley & Team Fitness Life
JOIN FOOD & MOVES